Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
oe

Default Blank fields

Can anyone help with this problem, please?
"oe" wrote in message
I seem to have trouble merging when the first one or two mergefields are
blank, e.g.

Title Initial . Last_Name

If Title is blank, I want to enter Initial but without a blank space at
the beginning; if there is nothing in the Title or Initial fields, I want
just the last name - again without any blanks. It should look something
like
Title: Mr (or blank space)
Initial: A (or blank space)
Last_Name (two blank spaces) Famille Dupont

Not sure if I've explained that very well!
Thanks for your help.

If a field is empty or blank, it will be equal to "" in an
If...then....Else field construction.

Is there anything else that you need to know about it?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"oe" wrote in message
Can someone please point me in the direction of help understanding the
Null fields, e.g. "" " so that I can work out If..Else..statements,
etc - this does not appear to be covered in Help for Word 2003

TIA