Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Not_a_notes_fan Not_a_notes_fan is offline

Default Mailmerge using different printer trays

Thanks for your help Peter. This did work, although the printer itself slowed
the whole process down. It had to stop the motors to change the paper path so
creating a delay that was unbearable

So, I have recreated the documents into Access reports that are called from
the data entry form with a command button. Each time a new record is created
the code saves the record, and outputs the documents.

Thanks again

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

OK, try the following macro on a small sample (2 or 3 letters should be
enough for starters), with the mail merge main document set up either as a
single section with a page break (as you originally had it) or as two
sections. Still not sure it will work, but let's see.

Sub PrintOneDocPerSourceRec()
Dim intSourceRecord
Dim objMerge As Word.MailMerge
'Dim strOutputDocumentName As String
Dim TerminateMerge As Boolean

' Need to set up this object as the ActiveDocument changes when the
' merge is performed. Besides, it's clearer.

Set objMerge = ActiveDocument.MailMerge
With objMerge

' If no data source has been defined, do it here using OpenDataSource.
' But if it is already defined in the document, you should not need
' to define it here.

' .OpenDataSource _
' Name:="whatever"

intSourceRecord = 1
TerminateMerge = False

Do Until TerminateMerge
.DataSource.ActiveRecord = intSourceRecord

' if we have gone past the end (and possibly, if there are no records)
' then the Activerecord will not be what we have just tried to set it to

If .DataSource.ActiveRecord intSourceRecord Then
TerminateMerge = True
' the record exists
Else

.DataSource.FirstRecord = intSourceRecord
.DataSource.LastRecord = intSourceRecord
.Destination = wdSendToPrinter
.Execute

intSourceRecord = intSourceRecord + 1
End If
Loop
End With
End Sub

"Not_a_notes_fan" wrote in message
I have tried your suggestion which said to use section breaks to no avail.
have also tried merging to a new document and used a maco found elsewhere
on
the forum to seperate the pages still with no luck. The macro is he

Dim i As Long
With ActiveDocument
For i = 1 To .Sections.Count
.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:="s" & i, To:="s" & i
Next i
End With

Now unsure what else to do.

An alternative approach would be to use a section break instead of a page
break and set up section 1 to print to one tray and section tray to print
the other tray. Then test printing direct to the printer. If you want,
output the merge to a new document and verify that each section is
associated with the correct tray.