Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mdavison mdavison is offline

Default Setting Date property in a form field

Unfortunatly, no I can't save it as a template. I am working in a document
management system and can't do that. I CAN make the doc 'View Only" to the
rest of my staff - which achieves the same end. You think it wont work if
its a DOC?
Thanks.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Alt+F9 indicates that this indicates a DATE field, which presumably will
update. Instead of inserting a form field, use the CREATEDATE field
(assuming you are creating the form as a template).

so
all may benefit.

"mdavison" wrote in message
Hi y'all. I'm using Win XP/Office 03 on a Novell 6.x network.

Can someone tell me for sure whether or not the 'Current Date' property

type
of a text field, inserted simply from the Forms toolbar will actually

insert
the current date as a STAMP and NOT update that value the next time the
form/template is opened? Or do I need to substitute the actual code to

make
it do that? I think I have the correct code, but it couldn't hurt to

offer
it up. ;-)

Thanks,
-Monica