Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default Side of page text (within margin)

Attach the text box either to the header or the footer.

Scott wrote:
What I wanted was a header at the top, footer at bottom, and a
permanent text box down the right side (text facing down) - ie page
text in two columns would be next to this.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

A header/footer can be anywhere on the page. Place the text box in
the header view and it will appear on all pages.

Scott wrote:
I'm designing a information sheet with header/footer and two
columns. I'd like to have a permanent text are at the right upper
edge (ie running down the side-with text running top to bottom) -
almost a side footer or header. Can I do this? Any suggestions? I
used a text box when I did this in Word Perfect, but is there an
easier way.... Thanks.