Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Menno,

The .fon fonts are screen resolution fonts. MS put them
aside in favor of scalable (for printing and screen display)
Truetype fonts quite awhile back.
http://support.microsoft.com/default...us;291354&FR=1
Word displays printable fonts in its font list.

Note that even though you're see a name in the font dropdown
on the toolbar in Word if you then check the [Font Substitution]
setting in Tools=Options=Compatability] you may see that
Word is actually using a different font.

=======
"Menno Hershberger" wrote in message ...
Someone sent me a document using MS Sans Serif for most of their font.
The font name appears at the top in the toolbar. He had some font that
was in Arial and he wanted it changed to MS Sans Serif. So I highlighted
the text he wanted changed and the box indicated Arial, so I hit the
dropdown menu and MS Sans Serif is not on the list of fonts. The only way
I could get the job done was to paste some other text that was already in
MS Sans Serif and then edit it. Surely that's not the proper way to do
it. I can't imagine MS Sans Serif NOT being in the list due to its
popularity. How do I get it on the list?
It IS in the windows\fonts folder as "sserife.fon"
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/a...andtricks.mspx