Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default MS Word Settings

You can change the language defaults, or you can change the language of a
particular style, or you can change the language of the selected text. The
settings of the selection overrides the style, which in turn overrides the
defaults. See http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm for
details.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote in message
Hi, I have a document with U.S. English text but the spell checker
seems to think that it should be checked for Swedish spelling.

The document also uses a template, so I wonder in which order the
language selection works and prioritises for the spell & grammar check
(F7 key).

The application (Tools-Language)
The template
The .doc file

Do all of these have separate settings and in which order are they
overrridden?

Best Regards,
Adam