Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rachael

Default Using background in mailmerge?

That's what I was thinking, but management has specifically asked that NO
changes be made and I MUST use a scanned copy of the form if I am going to do
this.

I am using Office 97, if that helps.

My problem is that when I insert the scanned copy as a background, it is
portrait, but I need it landscape. Because it is a background, for some
reason, the view defaults to "online view" and I can't get it to view
landscape. Therefore, I can't enter in fields or data.

Any ideas?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Mailmerge can certainly be used to populate the time cards. Using the
scanned document as background can be done, but it may be better to
reconstruct the form as a Word document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Rachael" wrote in message
I want to create a simple mailmerge for our company. We use timesheets to
record time spent on files, one per week.

At the beginning of each 2 week pay perior our receptionist has to
MANUALLY
write everone's name on their own sheet, as well as the dates of the week,
and other simple data.

I was wondering if there is a way to use the scanned document (which I
already scanned) and use it as a background, and create mailmerge fields
where I could create a database of all the employees, so that each one
doesn't need to be written by hand (about 50 + per week).

Thanks.