Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Quick Bookmark Shift F5 WordPerfect Control+Shift+Q

I think you're mistaken, Terry. I think it's only the last three edit points
(the fact that it's Shift+F5 may be suggesting five to you).

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
Word remember the previous 5 edit points. So if you need to remember a

place
temporarily so that a Bookmark is overkill, create an edit say backspace

delete a character and then Undo it.

Word should remember the point for that session or until you have

performed
5 new edits elsewhere.

Also, have you checked out the DocMap function? It is excellent for fast
navigation around long documents.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"bretsharon" wrote in message
I know about Shift F5, but I want a bookmark that does not change as I go
along and move about in the document, as Shift F5 appears to do. and I
don's
want to have to give it a name....this takes too long.

In WordPerfect, you press Control+Shift+Q and it sets a bookmark

wherever
the curser is. To go to that spot, you press Control+Q. That spot will
always be there no matter what. To change it, you press Control+Shift+Q
again at a new spot.