Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Default InsertCross reference... mergeformat by default??

Hi Mike,

I use a lot of cross references and after I've inserted them, I apply a
character style to show that they're active links when I generate a PDF of
the document. It's a real pain in the patoot having to tweak each inserted
cross reference to add the mergeformat. Is there any way I can make sure
that my inserted cross references always have the mergeformat option enabled
by default??

MergeFormat? I'd have though CharFormat would be the better choice...

And no, I no of no way to force either one. If you're open to a macro
solution, it ought to be possible to write a little macro that loops through
all the fieds in a document, checks if they're REF fields (and could also
check what kind of bookmark name, if that's important), then add this switch
to the end of the field code.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org