Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JimAA JimAA is offline

Default Reading view wiped out mail merge??

I received an Word document (it had "Word fields" in it) as an e-mail
attachment. When I opened it I was asked if I wanted to open it in Reading
View. I said yes. After I exited that document I noticed that when I open
any of my Word mail merge documents, the mail merge fields are replaced with
"Word fields". Can I correct this without recreating each mail merge
document? I have several hundred mail merge documents that are affected. I'm
using Word 2003 on Windows Vista.
Thank you.