Faith

Thanks, Charles!

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

The following macro will update TOC fields and REF fields.
Sub AutoOpen()
' Written by Charles Kyle Kenyon 15 November 2001
' repaired by Jezebel
' All Story Field Updater - TOC fields
Dim oField As Field
Dim oStory As Range
' On Error Resume Next
For Each oStory In ActiveDocument.StoryRanges
' This goes into headers and footers as well as the regular document
Do
For Each oField In oStory.Fields
If oField.Type = wdFieldTOC Then
oField.Update
End If
If oField.Type = wdFieldREF Then
oField.Update
End If
Next oField
Set oStory = oStory.Next
Loop Until oStory Is Nothing
Next oStory
End Sub
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Faith" wrote in message
news
Does anyone know of a way to have Word automatically update TOC fields and
page number cross-references within tables when a document is opened
and/or
printed? I know the updates can be performed by selected the text and
pressing F9, but I don't want my readers of my doc to have to do this.