Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

Default Printing certain pages in all sections

Hi Lukeee,

See: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826218/en-us
Although specific to Word 2003 & 2003, the principle applies to earlier versions as well.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Lukeee" wrote in message ...
Is there any possible way to print a range of pages in all sections? I have a
number of mail merge documents that are merged to a new document overnight
(due to their size, as it takes anywhere up to 40 mins with several thousand
records) I need to print only certain pages within each section.

Eg, the original merge document had 3 pages and 500 records, after it is
merged to a new document I end up with a 1500 page document with each section
containing 3 pages. What we need to do is print page 1 and 2 of each section
to one printer (as it is duplex) and send page 3 to another printer as the
duplex and simplex pages use different paper. Is this possible?

We can do this before merging and selecting 'Merge to Printer', but the
merge process takes far too long on some of our documents, but we seem to
lose this functionality after mering into one document. Cheers.