Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Printing certain pages in all sections

In theory at least, the following macro should print page 1 & 2 of each
section on one printer and page 3 on another (change Printer 1 and Printer 2
for the actual printers.)

Whether this would be any quicker I hesitate to guess - try it with a few
records.

Sub PrintXSections()
Dim sCurrentPrinter As String
Dim x as Long, lSecs As Long
Dim sPages As String
lSecs = ActiveDocument.Sections.Count

sCurrentPrinter = ActivePrinter
For x = 1 To lSecs
ActivePrinter = "Printer 1"
ActiveDocument.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintRangeOfPages, _
Pages:="p1s" & x & ",p2s" & x
ActivePrinter = "Printer 2"
ActiveDocument.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintRangeOfPages, _
Pages:="p3s" & x
Next x
ActivePrinter = sCurrentPrinter
End Sub

Lukeee wrote:
Is there any possible way to print a range of pages in all sections?
I have a number of mail merge documents that are merged to a new
document overnight (due to their size, as it takes anywhere up to 40
mins with several thousand records) I need to print only certain
pages within each section.

Eg, the original merge document had 3 pages and 500 records, after it
is merged to a new document I end up with a 1500 page document with
each section containing 3 pages. What we need to do is print page 1
and 2 of each section to one printer (as it is duplex) and send page
3 to another printer as the duplex and simplex pages use different
paper. Is this possible?

We can do this before merging and selecting 'Merge to Printer', but
the merge process takes far too long on some of our documents, but we
seem to lose this functionality after mering into one document.
Cheers.