Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

Default Size of single bracket in Equation (Word 2007)

You can select the part of the equation you want to have bigger/larger, then
select 'Normal Text' from the Equations 'Design' tab and change the font
size on the 'Home' tab. There are two things to consider here, in case of
brackets, it might select everything up to the corresponding open/close
bracket. In such a case you will have to ensure that they don't act as
balanced brackets. Also, changing the size of parts inside an equation can
result in growing surrounding brackets.

Yves

"ralf.schaa" wrote in message
Hi group,

I'd like to change the size of a single bracket in an equation - how
can I achieve this?

For example, in Latex I could do something like this:

F\biggr|_{a} , where biggrl gives me a large sized "|" ...

Cheers
-Ralf