Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Angel Bivins Angel Bivins is offline

Default Insert a nonbreaking minus sign?

Yup! That worked properly. I typed 2212 in my document and then hit ALT+x
and it converted the 2212 to a true minus sign.
Thanks Suzanne.
--
Angel Bivins
WordAngel Document Design

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Actually, the true minus sign (which is wider than a hyphen, more like an em
dash, and the same width as the plus sign) is naturally nonbreaking; find it
at 2212 in the Mathematical Operators character subset).

"Angel Bivins" wrote in message
Oh yeah! Duh. Thanks LS!
--
Angel Bivins
WordAngel Document Design

"LS" wrote:

Control+Shift+-

"Angel Bivins" wrote:

Does anyone know how to insert a nonbreaking minus sign? Like if an

author
says -7 to -3 days and you want to keep the minus always with the 7.
--
Angel Bivins
WordAngel Document Design