Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Problem with Skipping Records in Mail Merge

It sounds as if you have one { NEXT } field (Next record field) in
each row.

In this case, you should probably have a { NEXT } field at the beginning
of rows 2 and 3, but not row 1.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

BBMC wrote:
I have set up a 2-column, 3-row table (table size is 8x10.5). Column 1
contains the merge fields. The same merge fields repeat in all 3 rows. In
addition, each row a few words and an imported signature that are static. I
have the merge set up in directory format. The problem I am having is when I
execute the merge, every fourth record from my data source is skipped. When
I view 'Edit Recipient List' all records are checked, including the missing
records that should have merged. I've used data sources from Access and
Excel, ending up with the same results. The version I am using is 97-2003.