Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Default Two different spaces

I can't tell you why you're getting them - are you copying and pasting
external text perhaps but the dot is a normal space and the circle is a
non-breaking space that you can use to stop lines breaking wher eyou don't
want them to. You can use Find and Replace to change them all to normal
spaces: in the Find box enter a single space, and in the Replace box enter
^s (caret, letter ess), and then press Replace All.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"Judy" wrote in message
I have a doc with a table where the first paragraph is in date form
like: 2008 10 11 z 1730 for 1800 B. By clicking on Show/Hide I can see
that there are two different kinds of spaces: 2008*10*11
z&1730*for*1800&B, where * represents a space shown by a small black
dot and & a space shown by a small superscripted circle. In sorting a
* space comes before a & space. This can mess up the needed sort
order.

Can anyone tell me why I’m getting two different spaces? I’m not
conscious of entering different spaces.