Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Merging to A, B,C...

Sorry, I changed one part of it and not the other...

Change this statement

.MailMerge.DataSource.QueryString = _
" SELECT * FROM [Sheet1$]" & _
" WHERE ucase(t) like '" & Chr(iLetter) & "%'"

.MailMerge.DataSource.QueryString = _
" SELECT * FROM [" & strSheetName & "]" & _
" WHERE ucase(t) like '" & Chr(iLetter) & "%'"

As far as I can tell, it is this statement that is going wrong, so if
that does not fix the problem, it is possible that the sheet name that
you specify in the earlier line

strSheetName = "Sheet1$"

is not quite right. If the sheet name in the tab at the bottom of the
sheet in Excel is "Sheet1", you have to add a $ sign at the end and use

strSheetName = "Sheet1$"

not

strSheetName = "Sheet1"

If you are using a range name rather than a sheet name, /do not/ append
a $ sign.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk
Visit Londinium at http://www.ralphwatson.tv

Michael Koerner wrote:
Peter;

Tried you macro. Keep getting a Run-time error '4198' Command failed. I have
a hard time spelling macro, let alone editing them g