Graham Mayor

You have to uncheck the same as previous checkbox in the header toolbar.
However to avoid sections you could simply use a conditional field eg
{If {page} 1 "Put your header here" }

KM1 wrote:
My understanding is that when you want to insert a header that will
not appear on the first page but will on all subsequent pages all you
need to do is: click on view / header - type header on first page
/ click on page setup on header toolbar / click on layout tab / click
on different first page / apply to whole document / click OK
Then the header will appear on page 2 and on subsequent pages but not
on page one. However, when I did this in a template I have for work
it showed up on all pages. If I pulled up a new template and tried
it again it worked. Is there a better way to set these up and is
this some type of problem in Word 2003 that causes this to happen
intermitently.

KM1