Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default cell alignment reverts to previous value on close.

Hi ?B?TWFyYWJldGg=?=,

I'm having the exact same problem. I have many tables in a document, all of
which were created using a user-defined table format. The formatting of
centering a cell will revert back to right-aligned on close. Is this because
it is using the default properties for the table (which are right-aligned)?

The most "obvious" reason that occurs to me for what you describe is:

The cell alignment is set by a paragraph style. And in Tools/Template and
Addins, the checkbox to update styles on open is activated. So the formatting
is resetting to the style definition.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org