Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wlmiv

Default I can't get drag-and-drop editing to turn on.

My system uses MS Office Word 2003. I am editing documents previously set up
by someone else. I can't get drag-and-drop editing to turn on, even though I
followed the "Help" instructions as follows: "1. On the Tools menu, click
Options, and then click the Edit tab. 2. Select ... the Drag-and-drop text
editing check box." When I select some text and try to drag it, I get a
circle icon with a line thru it (meaning that the action is not allowed). I
hate having to use cut and paste when drag and drop is so much easier.
Thanks for any ideas.