Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stuart

Default How can I force page numbering to start with an even number?

Thank you very much, but I need a little more help. No matter what I set the
page start number to, the second page will always be made an even page.
Also, the header/footer toolbar is very clumsy to use with page numbers and
running heads. I get better results using the toolbar for the running heads
and InsertPage Number for the page number. The odd-even problem remains
the same, of course.

I like the idea of entering the formula, but I don't know where to do it.
If I right-click on a page number and edit the field, do I put the formula
you suggested into the square brackets after PAGE? I've tried that and
nothing happened.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Insert the page number from the header/footer toolbar and set the page start
number to whatever.
or
use a formula field

{={page} + 1} where '1' is the odd number below the even number you want to
start with.

Stuart wrote:
I need to start a document with an even page number without making it
a subdocument in a master document. Is there a way to do this?