Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default How can I eliminate page numbering in an MS Word document?

The following macro applied to a button will toggle the text boundaries

Sub Boundaries()
With ActiveWindow.View
.ShowTextBoundaries = Not .ShowTextBoundaries
End With
End Sub

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I think I'm more dependent on text boundaries than on nonprinting
characters, which I usually turn off when I'm proofreading (but flip back
on to confirm suspected cases of extra spaces and the like). I do wish,
though, that there were a similarly simple toggle for text boundaries;
someone inquired about that recently (wanting to add it to the QAT in Word
2007), and I hadn't thought about it till then, but I would appreciate that
button.

http://word.mvps.org

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Yes, I feel the same. Previously I imagined that nonprinting marks were
more important to me, but I'm gradually realizing that I'm highly
dependent on text boundaries as well.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I find myself absolutely at sea when I open a copy of Word that doesn't
have both nonprinting characters and text boundaries displayed. Those are
the two changes I make immediately.

http://word.mvps.org

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Good point.

Having text boundaries displayed in Word makes it easier to see such
page number frames.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Also, if it was inserted via Insert | Page Numbers, it will be in a
frame, and you need to be careful to delete the entire frame to avoid
the "wandering frame" problem discussed in
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...lyIndented.htm.

http://word.mvps.org

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Double-click the page number in the header (or footer); this
activates the header/footer view. Then select and delete the page
number that you want to get rid of.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Keith" wrote in message

"Kevin" wrote:

How can I eliminate page numbering in an MS Word document? Using
the
"Insert" drop down menu, then "Page Numbering", offers a number of
ways to
edit page numbers, but I don't see a way to eliminate them from a
document
once inserted.
Thanks.