exasperated

Graham - Thanks for the reply, all very useful to know but I could find
nothing in the various pages you listed that addresses the problem. Word
hangs when I try to close it, obliging me to right click to bring up the
"program not responding" error and force it to close.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm followed by
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

exasperated wrote:
Word hangs when I try to close the program. Either there is an error
message "MS Word has encountered an problem and needs to close" or
there is no message and I must try to close it using the TaskBar
whereupon the message is the "the program is not responding" in case
I had not noticed.
This is a new problem. I have regularly sent in error reports with no
response. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, run the repair utility,
renamed and recreated the normal.dot file, sacrificed chickens to the
computer gods, all to no avail. Short of buying an Apple - what next?