Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Excluding words from Dictionary

FWIW, thx is allowed here, too.

"Simon 1972" wrote in message
Suzanne,

You were right. I had mis-read the article and had put the .EXC file in

the
same place as the main dictionary.

I have now put it alongside the custom dictionaries and the words in it

are
excluded.

@Jay
Yes, I was surprised that "thx" was allowed. I have double-checked the
custom dictionaries and they do not contain the word "thx". So that is a
mystery. Anyway I added "thx" to the .EXC file and it is now reported as a
spelling error.

Just what I wanted to do.
Thank you both.

--
Simon 1972

"Simon 1972" wrote:

I want to exclude some words from the MS Word dictionary. I found this

topic
in the MS Word Help "Specify a preferred spelling for a word" and

followed it
but it did not work.

Can someone tell me what I need to do?

System details: MS Word 2002, UK region