Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default paragraph indenting when updating template

Hi ?B?dG9td2Vi?=,

When I update my document with a new template the formating for heading style
numbering becomes indented while it is not in the template itself. The
paragraph format seems to be reset for some reason.

Number format indenting always overrides paragraph indenting. How and where is
the numbering defined?

Note: the automatic style updating does not work very well with the Word
numbering introduced in Word 97. You may get better results if you copy the
stlyes over using Tools/Templates and Addins/Organizer.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)