Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default paragraph indenting when updating template

Hi ?B?dG9td2Vi?=,

I have no idea what you've been reading, exactly, so I can't really answer to
that. Most folks I know say flat out that template update is unreliable when
numbering is involved.

Try using the Organizer and see if that doesn't give you a different result.

I have Word 2003; from my reading I thought that using the organizer was
discourged over using the template update?

I tried to follow very closely all the advise from MVP folks on how to set
up style number. I did it all through heading 1 style, but I have made many
changes to it since I first did it and I notice that now the specifactions
are pretty long, could this be a problem?

One other thing I did that I am not sure about is I used headings 6-9 for
appendix headings setting them up in the same way as the others but now with
"Appendix" chapter name in the heading. But my indent problem was occuring
before that.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org