Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
BAW

Default Word merge sometimes cuts off words

Doug- I am not an expert on word mergers. What is the DEE method of
connection?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

From the Tools menu in Word, select Options and then on the General tab,
check the box against "Confirm conversions at open". Then, when you attach
the data source to the mail merge main document, try the DDE method of
connection.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"BAW" wrote in message
I have a word merge document that contains one field with a "description".
For some reason, the full description is sometimes cut off (characters
limited?) when I complete the merge. Othertimes, and from other
computers,
they show up complete. The source of my mail merge is an excel document
and
the field is less than 255 characters.

In addition, sometimes a "" in excel shows up blank in the same merge, and
sometimes it shows up as zeros. It seems to have no rhyme or reason why
it
is doing this. ANY ideas?

Thanks!