Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MJ Schaer MJ Schaer is offline

Default Going to last place saved

Thanks! I thought I remembered it in older versions. What a pain. I have to
mark down each page I'm on before I use the Replace or Find feature. Bummer!
Hope they fix it pronto.

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
MJ Schaer wrote:
New to Word2007. Can anyone tell me how to have the document open to
the last place I saved the document? In WordPerfect, all you do is
check off a box and a Quickmark will be inserted at that point. Then
you can opt to have all documents open to a Quickmark. Is there such
a feature in Word?

There used to be, in versions before Word 2007 -- you could press
Shift+F5, the GoBack command, even after closing and reopening the
document.

This is broken in Word 2007, because (probably due to an oversight) the
built-in bookmark \PrevSel1 is not saved in the document file. The GoBack
command works only until you close the file, then it's gone. I've posted a
bug report to Microsoft.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman