Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Suzie Suzie is offline

Default text is not visible. Hidden text and white text not the probl

The only normal file I can find has an .lnk extension. I was unable to
rename it. The message said it was no longer located in (the pathway). It
seems to only be a shortcut but all searches turned up no other normal file
(with or without extensions)

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Exit Word. Locate the normal.dotm file by searching in Windows Explorer
(remember to search hidden files and folders; see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/...cnotblank.htm), and rename it to,
say, oldnormal.dotm. Then start Word, which will create a fresh copy of the
Normal template. That should fix the problem.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"suzie" wrote in message
I use Vista, Word 2007 and have used the program in the past with no
problems. Now all new documents have no visible text. I have checked to
see
if white text or hidden text is the problem. But that is not it. I can
see
what I type if I select Header. Can anyone help?