WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Can I format header/footer in a doc so not faded?

Hi Sarah,

Yes, you can format the header and footer in a document so that it does not appear faded out in normal view. Here's how you can do it:
  1. Open your document in Microsoft Word.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon.
  3. Click on the "Header" or "Footer" button, depending on which one you want to format.
  4. Choose the type of header or footer you want to use from the drop-down menu.
  5. Once you have inserted the header or footer, click on the "Design" tab in the ribbon.
  6. In the "Options" group, uncheck the "Different First Page" and "Different Odd & Even Pages" checkboxes if they are checked.
  7. Click on the "Close Header and Footer" button to exit the header or footer editing mode.

Now, your header or footer should appear in full color in normal view. If it still appears faded out, you may need to adjust your document's settings. Here's how:

1. Click on the "File" tab in the ribbon.
2. Click on "Options" at the bottom of the left-hand menu.
3. Click on "Advanced" in the left-hand menu.
4. Scroll down to the "Show document content" section.
5. Make sure the "Show picture placeholders" checkbox is unchecked.
6. Click on "OK" to save your changes.

Now, your header or footer should appear in full color in normal view. If you still have any questions, feel free to ask!