Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Barbara White Barbara White is offline

Default Creating a Word document that contains uneditable regions?

Thanks, Jay. I think I'll try one more time to convince them to take the
PDF approach (providing that users don't need more than the Reader to
complete a PDF form--it's been a few years since I've used PDF for forms).

Thanks again.

Barbara

Jay Freedman wrote:
In any version of Word up to and including Word 2003, forms are the only way
to achieve that kind of protection. There will be another mechanism (called
content controls) in Word 2007, but that's still in beta testing and not yet
stable enough for production use.

If users will be filling in forms "online" as in "with a web browser", then
Word is the wrong tool. I think your first job is to find the right tool,
whether PDF or CGI or something else, and then make the case to the
customer. (Also point out that Word 2000 is no longer supported by
Microsoft.)