lostinspace

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cindy M -WordMVP-"
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sent: Saturday, June 18, 2005 8:46 AM
Subject: Relative hyperlinks change to absolute when saving in Word 200

Hi ?B?Q29zYmVy?=,

That works for stopping the updating, but where is the
option for choosing to make relative links? When I create a link,
everything
has "C:\\mydocuments..." etc. Office help says I can choose what kind of
link
I want but I don't see that option anywhere.

That depends on what you're trying to link in? Excel stuff? Other Word
documents? Hyperlinks? Something else?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Hello Cindy,
The terms relative and absolute when attached to the
term "link" are established terms.
The procedures for implementing these types of links should NOT be dependent
on how a specific software decides to apply them. (Contrary to what MS
believes.)
Their use is not even Windows specific, rather the relative and absolute
terms are applicable across multiple OS.

Any idea why Word, Office or MS have a compulsion to create their own
methods?
Are they rebellious by nature :-))
Or they just choose to alienate their users from the remainder of the world
;-))))