Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Bookfold margin error

This is a known bug (in all versions AFAIK): Inside and Outside margins are
swapped in "Book fold." Just reverse the settings and you'll be right.

"gregkedro" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2002 to print a small booklet (using the bookfold option

for
"letter" sized sheets in Page Setup).

When I set the outside margin larger than the inside (example: inside to

1"
and outside to 1.5"), the outside margin applies itself to the inside.

I will be "trimming" a half inch off the entire border of the booklet once
it is finished. Therefore the outside margin needs to be half an inch

greater
than the inside, but Word is applying the larger outside margin to the

inside
margin of the document.

No amount of tweaking with the gutter, etc. has seemed to work. Is this an
internal error with Word that is simply not fixable?

Thank you

-Greg