Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
FUMC FUMC is offline

Default Zip Codes w/Extentions result in Zero appearing in field

I only generate labels from Excel about once a year, so Im a little rusty,
and have run into a problem that I havent encountered before and dont
understand.

When I use Word to mail merge the Excel list into labels, it doesnt seem to
recognize any zip code with an extension and puts a zero in that field when
they come up in the €śMail Merge Recipients€ť window and when it merges the
data into the labels.

Im sure if I drop the dash and last four digits of the extended zip code,
it would solve the problem, but since 2/3rds of the 500+ mailing list uses
the extended zip codes, I would like to use the zip code extensions. Im
using MS Office 2003 on a PC running Windows XP.