Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Printing filenames within a document

Great tip, Graham! I didn't know this. I'm only just discovering the things
MOPM can do in Windows XP that it couldn't in W2k.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
If you only want to print contact sheets of photos with filenames, Windows
Explorer can do this. Select all the photos in Windows Explorer then right
click print. Follow the instructions to create a contact sheet. This one
does include filenames.

AmeliaT wrote:
Choosing contact sheet does not include filenames Bob, which is what
it is crucial that I do. I am using hyperlinks at the moment, but it
is a shame there is not a quicker and neater way!

Amelia

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Amelia,

Is there a specific need to use Word for this?

You can do that using MS Office Picture Manager
(Start=Programs=Microsoft Office=Microsoft Office Tools, and use
File=Print and choose 'contact sheet'

or with the thumbnail sheet option from a variety of graphics
programs such as http://irfanview.com (File=Thumbnails)

============
"AmeliaT" wrote in message
... I want to
print pages of thumbnail images of photographs, and include the
filename so I can locate them again easily. does anyone know if
there is a
short way of doing this, rather than typing each one out
individually?

Any suggestions appreciated!
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)