jherk

Default can't open a read only file from disc; only shows as tiny boxes

i was going to print a paper for my cousin and the disc he gave me only shows
as tiny boxes when i open it in word; he saved it at home through word. the
file opens in word as read only and only shows tiny boxes instead of font.
since he tried opening it at work (which i believe uses wordperfect), it is
possible he inadvertantly saved it as a wp document without realizing it (but
it doesnt come up that way). i was just wondering if there is anything i
hadn't tried yet to open this file...thanks!