Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JayWomack

Default Multiple sets of page numbers

I asked the same question today but with a slightly different twist. I used
your calculation suggestion and got it to work. But I need the first few
pages in roman numerals. How do I format that within the field?

"Jezebel" wrote:

You can do the second set of page numbers using a calculation field --

{ = { PAGE } - n }

Where n is the number of the first annex page minus 1. Or even swisher, add
a bookmark for the start of the annex, and use { = { PageRef
"AnnexBookmark" } - 1 } ... then the annex numbering will update if you add
or remove pages from the body.

Can't think of a way to get those numbers into your second table of
contents, however.

"Jerry" wrote in message
I am preparing a large (300+page) document that has 50+ page Annex

reprinted
with permission from the other author. I want the Annex to have two sets

of
page numbers, one straight through from 1-300+, and the other from 1-50. I
need two Tables of Contents, one for the whole document the other just for
the Annex as that way I can replicate that document. The only difference

then
between the Aneex and its original will be in the Header.

Can I have two sets of page numbers and then generate two different tables
of contents?

I can obviously do it by "faking" the second set of page numbers in the
Annex by manually putting the numbers on a second line of the header and
preparing the second TOC manually, but that seems a bit clunky.

Is there a better way????
--
Jerry