Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.general,microsoft.public.word
Eric[_3_] Eric[_3_] is offline

Default Formatting symbols suddenly appear

Tools - Options - Formatting Marks

Look at the check boxes and uncheck all of them

Eric

wrote in message

Can anyone help please? This os the first time I have posted a msg
here.

I am using Word 2000 and have done so without problems for years.
However, on opening up all my documents today, there are paragraph
ending symbolsatn every paragraph ending or a space, which I have
never seen before. Furthermore, between each word a dot has appeared
(the height of the top dot in a colon). I have no idea why this has
happened or how to rurn them off.
Can anyone help?
Thanks
D.