mcourtne

Thanks for your help. I ended up condensing or expanding character spacing
in areas that were particularly bad. Hopefully Microsoft will address this
in future versions of Word.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Word cannot add inter-word spacing, but hyphenation will help. If the
columns are very narrow, they'll be much more readable if you leave the
right margin ragged.

"mcourtne" wrote in message
I'm working with columns in my document. Because each column has short

lines
and I'm using justification, there is excess spacing between some words.

Is
there any way to minimize the spacing? Years ago in another program
(Multimate, I think), there was an option called modified justification

that
spread the words evenly, while keeping the justification. Any help would

be
greatly appreciated.