Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Default Word mail merge coming from Excel

The link you posted referred to a different solution entirely. You could
have found that solution elsewhere on my web site. For the formatting of
Word fields the switch method is easier, so I am puzzled why you found it
difficult. If you coulkd explain your difficulty maybe I could improve the
page to make it more accessible.

slb wrote:
Thank-you, I was having trouble getting the switches to work. I
found the following explanation which solved my problem and was
easier. (I am working in Office 2003).
http://www.http://www.uwec.edu/help/...-withxls-m.htm

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham
Mayor's website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"slb" wrote in message
I have a complex spreadsheet with multiple calculations and am
merging the data into Word. When I run the merge, I lose all
formatting of the numbers,
and about 10 decimal places print. I have added round functions to
my formulas, but still haven't completly solved the problem. How
do I bring in
commas, dollar signs and only 2 decimal points when merging with
Word?