Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default window title file name

I suspect that you are opening these documents from Windows Explorer instead
of Word and that the file associations have been damaged so that the default
action for documents is New instead of Open. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ReRegisterWord.htm for instructions on
reregistering Word to reset the file associations. If this is not the
answer, then you may have a virus that is causing Word to save all files as
templates instead of documents.

"gbp" wrote in message
When I open any word document the title of the document is changing to
"Document1" instead of the file name.
Can anyone help me with this issue for Office 2003.

Detailed Problem

If you open a document called "request form.doc" , the title of the

window
should be "request form". But my Word window title is changing to

"Document1"