Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

Default I can't adjust the size, width and height of my rows and columns.

I think you are describing the snap-to-grid action. You can turn this off
completely in the drawing tools options, or you can override this by holding
the ALT key whilst making the small adjustments. (Note the Alt key overrides
many other of these mystical auto-functions too.)

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"sheana" wrote in message
When I position the cursor to move a line from a row or column, the line
moves with the left mouse held down but then immediately snaps back to
its'
equidistant, original position. I created the table using the Insert
table
command, and there seem to be some autofit/fixed sizing. This is unlike
when
I draw a table using the Tables and Borders toolbar.

Is there a setting I need to adjust/turn off so I can vary the size of the
rows and columns?