Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tmele

Default Word Not Responding

Dear Garfield-n-odie,
I ran the download and it did not fix the problem. As soon as I try to open
a word document, it goes right into "Not Responding."

P.S. I changed my display name because I did not want my email to be
displayed.

--
Thanks, T. Mele

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918165 "Problems in Windows
Explorer or the Windows shell after you install security update
MS06-015".

wrote:

I have read several posts with the same or similar problem, but I was not
sure if it was exactly the same.

I have un-installed MS Office Small Business and re-installed. Then I
followed the directions and installed all available downloads from the web.

I am running XP Professional, SP2.

I can not find the KB908531 to un-install, as was mentioned in several of
the posts I read, or I would have tried that. I also was unsure about
clicking on the link in one of the posts that referred to MS06-015, because
it mentioned that it could cause other problems. Please help.