Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] jamiechen168@gmail.com is offline

Default Word Mail Merge to Outlook directly

Hello,

I am seeking a way to display the result document from the mail merge
to Outlook so that the user can do the final edit before sending out.
Below describes what I did generally in C# interop

1. Create a Word application object and execute the mail merge
2. Save the merged doc in HTML to a disk file.
3. Create an Outlook MailItem
4. Read the content from the disk file created in step 2 to a String
5. Assigned the string to the email body
6. Display the mail item

As you can see, I serialized it to a disk file and then read the HTML
source back. This is no good. I have done some research in terms of
better automation from Word to Outlook but no sucess.

My questions are
(1) Is there a way to read the HTML source from Word?
(2) Is there a better way to do the automation from Word to Outlook
without going through disk file?

Thanks in advance.