Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Henk57[_229_] Henk57[_229_] is offline

Default Table of Contents

Betsy Rausch;2924152 Wrote:
When I update the Table of Contents after assigning the headings/levels
I am
not getting the correct formatting. The number is supposed to start
over at
each chapter, but in a few sections the 2nd number continues on from
the
previous chapter. The heading levels appear to be correct when I
highlight
them (1,2,3)
-- 4.6 Workplace Attire 4-4
4.7 Personnel Records 4-4
4.8 Expense Policy and Procedures 4-4
5 Compensation Policies and Practices 5-6
5.1 Payroll Procedures 5-6

Betsy Rausch

Is the page numbering correct in itself? You need to put every chapter
in a separate section if you want to show the chapter number in the page
numbering, and set every section to start at 1, not "continue from
previous section". Then the ToC shd pick this up automatically too.

--
Henk57