Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DC1999

Default Columns for Separate Statement on Motn for Summary Judgment

My assistant finally figured out how to convert the Word document to
WordPerfect -- by brute force.

First, we had to abandon any hope of using Word.

Then, we figured out that in WordPerfect, we could achieve the correct
result with Parallel columns and block protect. WP has those features
as check boxes. The default is Newspaper, so have to be careful to get
into Parallel. Newspaper just won't work properly.

Last, she simply re-typed the 35 numbered entries. Apparently, whoever
did them originally in the version of the Word document sent to us had
used outrageous editing, such as space bar entries to get proper
justification, etc.

With parallel, you still have to discontinue columns after each
paragraph of the Separate Statement.

Whoever dreamed up the format at the California Judicial Council must
have been a sadist.

Your idea of using tables is a good one. We may try that next time we
have to do this.

Thanks.

Dave