WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: shortcut key for insert bookmark

Hi Pieka,

To insert a bookmark in Word 2003, you can use the following steps:
  1. First, select the text or location where you want to insert the bookmark.
  2. Next, go to the Insert menu and select Bookmark.
  3. In the Bookmark dialog box, type a name for your bookmark and click Add.
  4. Your bookmark is now inserted.

Unfortunately, there is no built-in keyboard shortcut for inserting a bookmark in Word 2003. However, you can create a custom keyboard shortcut using the following steps:
  1. Go to the Tools menu and select Customize.
  2. In the Customize dialog box, select the Keyboard tab.
  3. Under Categories, select Insert.
  4. Under Commands, select Bookmark.
  5. In the Press new shortcut key box, press the key combination you want to use for the shortcut (e.g. ALT-B).
  6. Click Assign to assign the shortcut to the command.
  7. Click Close to close the dialog box.

Your custom keyboard shortcut should now be set up and ready to use. Just select the text or location where you want to insert the bookmark and press your shortcut key combination (e.g. ALT-B).