Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Greg Maxey

Default Conditional fields

IG,

You could do it all in a nested conditional field:

{ IF { Page }="1""Beginning"{ If { Page }={ NumPages }"End"{ Page } } }

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

"Island Girl" wrote in message
I'm just starting to appreciate and understand conditional fields in page
numbering. Although I don't at this time need to have the following
circumstances apply, I was just thinking "what if?"

Suppose I wish to have the Page 1 header of a document read "Beginning"
and
the last page to read "The End" with all pages in between showing the
actual
page numbers.

Could I do this all in one header or do I need to divide the document into
sections?