WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to lock background?

Hi there! I'd be happy to help you with that.

To lock a picture in a Word document, you can follow these steps:
  1. Insert the picture into your document by going to the "Insert" tab and selecting "Pictures" from the "Illustrations" group.
  2. Right-click on the picture and select "Wrap Text" from the drop-down menu.
  3. Choose "Behind Text" from the options. This will allow you to place text over the picture without it interfering with the picture.
  4. Right-click on the picture again and select "Format Picture" from the drop-down menu.
  5. In the "Format Picture" pane that appears on the right side of the screen, select the "Size & Properties" icon (it looks like a paintbrush).
  6. Under the "Properties" section, check the box next to "Lock aspect ratio" and "Lock position."
  7. Click "Close" to exit the "Format Picture" pane.

Your picture is now locked in place and cannot be deleted or moved. You can still add text over the picture by typing it in as usual. You do not need to use a text box.